CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 06, 2006

Goals, Goals, and more Goals

A few days ago, one of my dear friends called and during the course of conversation she posed the question "What is your New Year's resolution?". After offering my response, I returned the question. Her reply - "To not make resolutions". Over the last few days, I have given sincere thought to her response, and believe that there is some wisdom in it. New Year's resolutions are too easily broken or set aside once the holidays draw to a close and life begins its normal pace. Therefore, I have decided to set aside my resolution and compile a list of goals for the new year.

1. To develop healthy habits - both in terms of eating and exercising.

2. To avoid postponing projects until the last minute.

3. Learn to stand up for myself more - I don't have to sacrifice my feelings just to be nice to others.

4. Take more chances.

5. Find a job!

6. Laugh, love, and live life to the fullest each day.

Throughout the year, I will revisit my list of goals - adding new goals, remove completed ones, and monitoring my growth both personally and professionally.

0 comments: