CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Refreshed and Recharged

Over the last 4 weeks, I have spent more nights sleeping in a hotel room than I have in my own bed. If there is a single downside to my job it is that I often have to travel extensively. And although I love to travel - seeing new places (and old), meeting new people, and catching up with old friends - it can begin to wear on you after awhile. Prior to Thursday night, I was so ragged around the edges, I couldn't bring myself to be excited about my trip to Ft. Lauderdale.

Thankfully, I was able to get lucky and catch a much earlier flight, which had me tucked in a Chevy Silverado at a decent hour. And when Jamie grabbed my hand for a quick squeeze and a kiss.....the stress drained away. I've always known that my trips down here were good for our relationship, but I'm beginning to see that they are good for my own health.

Next week begins another round of work trips....and this time I'm ready to hit the road.

1 comments:

Maria said...

Yup. A quick hand squeeze or a kiss can make all the difference in the world. Glad you're feeling better! Safe travels.