CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Satisfaction in the Small Things

My Granny has a myriad of sayings, all designed to impart some wisdom to her grandchildren. Some of them just live me scratching my head, pondering how her words apply to my situation. But the one I have never needed to ponder, is "Life is not for the faint-hearted".

The daily grind of work, traveling for work, dealing with family and friends, and finding a free moment to devote to my relationship often wears on me. As I grow weary, I find myself getting "down" that I have accomplished all of the grandiose dreams of my youth. This often leads to a bout of tears and love fest with Ben and Jerry's. Realizing this, I have decided to make an effort to celebrate the small victories each day.

Today's small victories included: successfully managing 2 meeting w/ 2 of my most demanding clients, taking out the trash (a chore I usually leave for Justin), and cleaning out the refrigerator. So I didn't find a solution for world hunger or cure cancer, but I did something, and for now that's enough.

So what about you reader, what was your victory today?

0 comments: