CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 10, 2008

It's all about the Attitude.

If my post from yesterday was any idea, it was not a good day for me. It started with my car dying - seems the transmission is shot. This was followed up by a bad conversation with my BF.

By the time Taekwondo class rolled around, I was ready to collapse into a puddle of tears. One of my instructors noticed that I wasn't my usually bubbly self. She asked what was wrong. I shared a bit of my day and stated that I just wanted to go home.

"Wrong attitude" she said "Remember you are training to become a black belt some day. Black belts rise above - because they have the right attitude".

I took her words to heart and left my problems off the floor. By class's end, I was feeling much better. My attitude had shifted from a 'Woe is me' to 'I can handle this' one. The attitude carried over into today - I managed to handle some urgent businesss, accomplished a lot at work, and handled the stress all while smiling.

That's the power of a positive attitude.

0 comments: