CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Please Remember

Mama,

Please remember that I had an eating disorder for nearly 3 years. During that time I did a lot of hurtful and damaging things to body - all in the quest to be thin. It has been 2 years since I realized that I needed to stop hurting myself that way. 2 years, since I began to learn how to love myself no matter my size or shape.

And I am doing great. I found ways to be healthy - to maintain a normal weight and body shape without making myself sick. But I still have bad days - days where the pressure to give in to the old habits is high. Days where I yearn to meet the impossible stereotype set by the world around us. So those are not the days, where I need you to tell me that "I did good today...I only ate a cucumber and a cup of coffee."

Please remember that the way you viewed your body when I was a child, is what helped shape my own warped view of my body. So keep your comments to yourself. They don't help me - they only hurt.

Love,

Your daughter

0 comments: