CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Weekend Recap

One of my favorite quotes comes from a high school teacher... "Life is choices, so choose wisely". I have adopted this quote as my personal health mantra. Every day I am faced with choices that affect my health. I can choose to eat a nutritious meal, or I can choose to eat something fattening, full of processed carbs, and all around bad for me. I can choose to exercise or I can choose to veg out on the couch for hours on end. The choice is mine.

Over the weekend, I tried to make good and sensible choices. Friday night, M and I had dinner with my parents. Since it was an early Father's day gift for my Daddy, he got to pick the restaurant. We wound up at the local pizza place. Normally, this would have led to a gluttonous evening. But I did quite well. I began with a basic salad with fat free dressing. I then had 1 breadstick, and 2 slices of thin crust veggie pizza. After such a large meal, I did not feel like exercising. But M and I chose to anyway, and I logged 2 miles on the treadmill.

More of the same behavior followed on Saturday. I skipped the high calorie breakfast of grits and eggs, and had a cereal bar and milk. For lunch, I had two homemade veggie sandwiches, and a healthy sub sandwich for supper. Again, I logged time on the treadmill. This time doing 20 minutes of the hiking program.


On Sunday, I chose to indulge a bit, and ate homemade banana pudding at lunch. I also chose to listen to my body - specifically my sore knee - and did not work out. And the best choice of all was that I chose not to feel guilty about either decision. :-)

It will be a busy day tomorrow - several meetings for work, hopefully lunch with M, then weights with a friend, supper, and a evening run with M.

I hope you all had a great weekend! And that your Monday is even better!!

0 comments: