CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 04, 2008

Another Trip Around the Sun

At 5:59 this morning, I turned 26 years old. And now as I begin yet another trip around the sun, I think about all that I have done in the last year of my life:

- I celebrated my 25th birthday with a huge group of family and friends. But the party was overshadowed by the fact that a good friend and college classmate had been murdered 2 days earlier.

- I rejoiced when my friend's killer was arrested.

- I moved into my first post-grad school apartment. An apartment not paid for by my parents or leftover scholarship money. Instead it was entirely funded by my salary.

- I began taking Taekwondo lessons and earned my cameo belt.

-I had my heartbroken.

- I learned that home is the best place to nurse a broken heart. And that no matter how long you are gone, home is always home.

-I reconnected with cherished old friends. And learned just how amazing my friends are.

- I met an amazing man and fell madly in love with him.

-I discovered that I am happy with who I am as a person, the career that I chose, where I live, and the people who share my life. All in all I am happier than I can ever remember being.

The last year has been an amazing journey, full of wonderful moments, great memories, and lessons learned. And I have all feelings that the next year will be more of the same.

0 comments: