CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Proposal

Monday, October 27 had been a rough day for me. I had missed work on Friday because I was sick, which meant I was way behind on e-mails, research and other projects. And the day just got busiers and busier. My mid-afternoon the constant phone ringing, e-mails coming in, and all around stress was too much. I broke down in tears. I e-mail M to vent. He told me to relax and that he would be home soon.

So, in order to calm myself down, I went to my favorite pastime -- looking at engagement rings. I had found a gorgeous sapphire and diamond one when M came home. I showed it to him, and asked him if we could go to the store this weekend to take a look. He was non-committal but he usually is with regards to rings, so I shrugged it off. A few minutes later he asked me to come sit with him on the couch.

Laying beside him, I kept talking about the ring. After a few minutes, he slid off the couch and onto his knees beside me....and the following convo happened

M: So would I diamond do?

Me: Huh? Uh, yeah a diamond would do? Why?

M: No reason.

Me: Yes, you've found a ring you want to buy me haven't you?

M: Maybe.

Me: Yes, you have. Tell me tell me tell me.

M: Maybe.

Me: That wasn't a random question. I know you too well. You've found a ring.

M: What if I have? Why should I tell you?

Me: So I can't stop daydreaming and just relax and know that it will happen.

M: So will a diamond do?

Me: Yes.

M: Then say you'll marry me.

Me: Of course I will marry you when you ask me.

He then looks me square in the eyes and says, "No say you'll marry me"

Me (slightly confused and still clueless): Yes, I'll marry you.

M: Look in my pocket.

Then I finally realized he was proposing. I started crying, shaking, screaming, and saying "Oh God..." over and over. I put my hand in his shirt pocket and touched the ring but was too emotionally to pull it out. I finally managed to get it out of the pocket. I was shaking like a leaf in the wind. He took from me and slipped in on my finger.

I just kept crying, screaming, and saying yes..yes...yes... (and of course kissing him).


So there it is folks...my proposal story.

7 comments:

cinemarie said...

That's a great story :)

Maria said...

Congratulations, Kim (and Mike) ;)

Sending you lots of best wishes and happily ever afters.

Holly said...

Awwww congratulations!!! Too funny that it happened to the both of us on the same day and they both have the same name! LOL

Sarah said...

How exciting!!!!!! Congrats to you both!

Anonymous said...

Awwww, congratulations!!! Great story!!!!!

Kjrsten said...

I almost just got teary reading that! I love proposal stories!

Now show us the ring!

K-Pow said...

Congrats. What a cute story!!!!