CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 19, 2006

To move or not to move....

As most of you know, my beloved boyfriend now resides in sunny Ft. Lauderdale, which is more than 8 hours away from historic Savannah. The distance between us has , at times, tested our mettle both as individuals and as a couple. However, there is now an opportunity for me to remedy this situation - simple really - relocate to South Florida.

I've got marketable skills, an impressive educational background, and a willingness to embrace new opportunities. And yet, I find myself fearful to make the move. And the reason for my hesitation eludes me. I offered the flimsy excuse of I vowed to never relocate my life for a man . But that's just what it is a flimsy excuse of a vow made when I was 18 and heartbroken. My outlook on life and love are vastly different now.

So here's what I do know:

1. I need a new "scene" - a place that isn't filled to the brim with people who have known me since birth.
2. I miss my boyfriend and long to be closer to him.
3. South Florida has tons of employment opportunities that would be great places to begin a career.
4. The weather in South Florida is fantastic.
5. South Florida has several educational institutions at which I could pursue my PhD. (Can't seem to let go of this idea).
6. South Florida has lots of beaches.

Sun, sand, school, a new scene, and my significant other - is it enough to validate the move. You know, I believe it truly is. (Breathes deeply). Let this be the official announcement, South Florida, here I come .



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl,
If that is your dream, never let it go. Just remember the way to sunny south georgia. i love you and will support you in whatever decision you make. It is your life and you have to live it. Go for it and always rember to hell with georgia

Anonymous said...

para. 1: "my hesitation alludes me" ...does hesitation really make an indirect reference? just wondering... curious use of the word 'allude.' see www.dictionary.com... your attempts to use words you don't know appears to reveal a bruised ego.