CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

The Need for Speed....

For the past 3 weeks, I have had to work remotely via a dial-up internet connection. Ugh! As a student at Tech, I had the beautiful T-1 connection at my finger tips, which made surfing the net (okay, and downloading MP3s) a whole lot faster. When I moved off campus, my technological savvy roommate voted that we get DSL - and thus we did. And I barely noticed a dip in the speed of my browser.

Then came my relocation to South GA. There's a saying about the South, you might have heard it, "We do things slower down here". Believe me when I tell you, that saying has nothing to do with our speech and everything to do with our internet connection. Thankfully, my local ISP decided to upgrade their system and add DSL as a service option.

Today, the technician came to install my DSL. The change is wonderful....amazing...fantastic. Instead of a cruising the information super highway in a beat up Ford Pinto, I'm zooming down the road in a brand spanking new Ford Mustang. :-)

I may talk slow and live my life at a slower pace - but when it comes to my internet well, as the quote goes... I feel the need...the need for SPEED .

0 comments: