CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Me Time

For the past few days, my efforts have been devoted to anticipating and taking care of the needs of Jamie and his family. And although, I have treasured being able to help them thru this dark and difficult time....the stress has taken its toll on me.

Therefore, I was the tiniest bit excited at the prospect of a 3-day business trip. I checked into my hotel on Amelia Island a little bit after 9 o'clock, and was delighted to find that the company had booked me a lovely room, complete with plush beds, a gigantic tub perfect for soaking, and a balcony overlooking the ocean. After unpacking, a ran a hot bath and lazed away for an hour, letting the tension/grief/pain of the last few days sleep away. When my skin began to resemble a rasin, I donned the complimentary bathrobe, and stepped out to listen to the waves crashing on the shore. I've enjoyed a late night snack of Diet Coke and Chex Mix.....and the bed is calling to me.....

So I close this post with a heartfelt thank you, to my dear readers, for your many prayers which have sustained me (as well as Jamie and his family) thru this trying time.

0 comments: