CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Finding the Missing Pieces

Someone (probably wise and/or famous) once said that you never realize what you had until its gone. And I am beginning to understand that wisdom in that statement. However, I would like to add the collorary that once you realize what you've lost, you appreciate it more if you get a second chance at it. So it was this weekend.....

For those of you who have faithfully read my blog, you know that earlier this year I broke ties with a long-time friend. At that juncture, I felt that the relationship was bringing me down, that I needed to make a getaway. For roughly 4 and a half months I did just that. Then one evening a chance phone call, turned into a shared lunch, which turned into sporadic conversations. I began to realize that this friend was filling a hole in my life that I hadn't realized was there. In the ensuing months, circumstances have drawn us closer together.

We hung out for the entirety of the weekend - and by the end we were finishing each other's sentences....just like old time. I am not naive enough to believe that everything is picture perfect - we both have things we need to say, issues to put to rest. However, I feel as though that missing puzzle piece has been found - and the picture it completes is pretty amazing.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww.... I love you!