CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, June 28, 2007

I'm so dizzy....

Literally, for nearly the last week I have been battling what one doctor has termed "benign positional vertigo". For you non-medical types, that means that when I change from position (sitting) to another (standing), I get dizzy.....really really dizzy. The only problem with the diagnosis is that its happening when I am not changing.

This whole thing started a week ago, when I was at a work related conference in St. Simons. One minute I'm laughing with a co-worker, the next I'm coming too on the floor with a half-a-dozen people around me. For the next 2 days, I was weak, shaky, and of course, dizzy. So 1 trip to the E.R. led to blood-work, an EKG, and a CT scan, which all came back normal --- thus the diagnosis "benign positional vertigo". Jamie, ever ready with medical knowledge, says its the go to diagnosis when nothing else is easily discovered.

For now, I am moving at a slower pace (think snail), taking lots of rest breaks, and scheduling follow-up visits. Looks like there might be an MRI and an echo-cardiogram in my future. Till then, the updates may be few and far between. Bear with me.....

0 comments: