CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Letter to Myself

Country Radio has been playing the new Braid Paisley single, titled 'Letter to Me'. The song is about what a grown Brad, would tell is seventeen year old self. After listening to the lyrics about a dozen times over the past 2 days, I have begun to contemplate what I'd say if I could write a letter to the 17-year old Kim. Here's what I've got so far:

"Dear Kim,

It's me - well, maybe I should say it's you. At least the you will be in about 8 years. I figured I'd write this note to share a few of my insights. And in case you don't believe its me -- I know what you have a HUGE crush on Jennifer's brother Jamie. Okay, now that I have your attention. Here is what I want you to know

1) You will get boobs...... Mom's right when she says you are a late bloomer. They'll get here, later rather than sooner. But they'll be worth the wait.

2) Don't worry that Derrick and Kyle don't like you, Derrick becomes a bigger jerk as he gets older.... Kyle goes bald by 22.

3) You will meet "the guy" for you --- just not when you think, and somewhere you never imagined.

4) Hug Uncle Edwin, Jeffrey as much as you can.

5) Remember not to burn any bridges when you leave Alma, it only makes it harder to return.

6) You'll get into Tech, so stop wasting your senior year worrying about grades. P.S. - In 5 years, nobody remembers your GPA, except you.

7) Don't settle --- ever --- you know who and what you are, never give it up.


I guess that's all that I have for now. Enjoy the next 8 years, it's gonna be a wild ride. So hang on."

What would you say to yourself, reader?

0 comments: