CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Top 5 Reasons this Christmas Season Rocks

5) All of my holiday preparations are done. With a week left between the big day and now, the tree is up, stockings are hung, village is in place, cards are mailed, and presents are wrapped and under the tree. I feel a bit weird with no last minute errands to run, but a lot calmer than years past.

4) My family and friends are happy and healthy. With an aging grandmother, a father with heart conditions, and the events of the past year, I have come to appreciate the fragility of life -- and every day that I am blessed to share with the people I love.

3) Kids, kids, and more kids - I have 2 nephews, a baby cousin and Jamie has 3 nieces, a nephew, and a baby cousin - which makes the season awesome. Viewing the holiday thru the eyes of child, makes you believe in magic and innocence all over again.

2) Christmas goodies - cakes, cookies, pies, and homemade stuffing -- I've been extra good all month, so I can be extra bad this week.

1) Jamie is coming home for 6 days. Yes, 6 days. Spending 6 days with the man I love --- that's a great present.

0 comments: