CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, February 02, 2008

Coming to Terms with Letting Go

It has been 12 hours since I received the call that rocked my world to its core. 12 hours that have been spent crying, yelling, questioning, and wondering what happened, what went wrong. I have used part of those 12 hours to box up 3 years worth of memntos and take them to his mother's home. I used another portion of that time to inform his family, my family, and our friends of the situation - answering what questions I could, directing others to him.

I know that it is going to take more than 12 hours to deal with the loss of this relationship. I am sure that I have more tears left to shed, more sleepless hours ahead of me. But for now, I am clinging to the belief that everything happens for a reason. I take comfort in my faith - a faith that tells me my Heavenly Father is watching over me, knows my pain, and will direct my path thru this turbulent time.

And I am praying. Praying for myself - that the pain will lessen, that I will find strength I never knew I had, and that I will make the right choices in the days ahead. Praying for him - that he is truly happy, that he will find whatever it is he is searching for, and that his dreams for his future.

If you are the praying type, can you offer up one for me (and one for him too)?

0 comments: