CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 04, 2008

I'm moving On

The last few days have seemed almost like a dream. I have gotten up, done what I needed to do, but there was not much emotion or feeling behind my actions. I was just reacting to the world around me.

That changed yesterday. Around 2:30, my best friend from high school came to my parents house to drag me out of bed. She then had me go to her house where I spent the afternoon engaged in conversation with her, her husband, and a few close friends. That evening I joined them for services at her church. During the service, I broke -- tears streamed down my face, I sobbed. I finally found myself at the altar telling God that if this is what he wanted for my life then I would accept it.

As it stands now, I am going to move back to my hometown of Alma. I need to be in place where I am known more for myself than whose girlfriend I was. Thankfully, my job allows me the flexiblity to live whereever I would like. I can not say that I will stay in Alma forever. But in the short term coming home will let me heal my heart as I try to find out what God wants me to do with my life now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with everything Kim. You'll get through this.

- Tiffany

NavyBride said...

Kim, I'm sorry all this has happened to you. And so relieved you have great girlfriends to get you through it.

Best wishes coming your way.