CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 22, 2008

My Head is spinning....

I am amazed at how quickly the course of one's life can change. I have always believed that each decision has the possiblity to alter the direction of one's journey in life. But I have never really seen the prinicple put into my practice in my own life. Now I have.

Three weeks ago, a 3 year long relationship ended. Wanting to distance myself from the hurt, pain, and overwhelming disspointment, I chose to move back to my hometown. And from that point forward things started looking up.

I came home on a Saturday afternoon. By Sunday night, I had reconnected with a cherished friend and found a church that was more like a family than anything else. I felt that I was beginning to belong somewhere.

By Wednesday, I had found a routine of daily life in Alma. Work, go to friend's house, work out with her, share dinner with her family, come home and spend time with my family. Each passing day had be growing closer to my family, my friends, and God.

Then last week, I met someone. Okay, I didn't just meet him. I have known him (or at least about him) for most of my life. He is my best friend's brother-in-law. I had always just seen him as "M". But last Saturday night, when he was gracious enough to drive me to a neighboring city for a Church-wide dinner, something changed.

He was unexpected, unplanned, and intially unwelcomed. I had just gotten out of a relationship, I didn't need to jump back into another one. Yet, I could not stay away. He was the first person I talked to in the mornining and the last one at night. And talk ---- we could talk for hours. We share the same morals, values, and a lot of the same interests. A guy who actually reads books for pleasure, who knew? We even share the same quirks - like the fact that improper English in text messages bugs us to no end.

To make a long story short, "M" and I are spending time together. We realize that this is a bit whirlwind, but we are willing to take a shot at it. After my grandparents were married for 40+ year and they only dated 2 weeks. My parents have been married for 33 years and they dated six months.

Who says that storybook romance can not happen in real life? I am willing to take a chance to find out.

0 comments: