CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, June 20, 2008

Plans of Mice and Men

When the week started, I had high hopes of completing the following goals....

1) Complete three runs ( at least 2 miles each)
2) Lift at least 3 times this week (30 minutes each time)
3) Complete 2 additional cardio workouts
4) Drink 8 glasses of water a day

It is now 11:45 a.m. on Friday, and I have a lot left to do before Sunday night if I have any shot of accomplishing all my goals. So far the progress looks like this:

1) Runs completed: 0 - The Monday and Wednesday night runs were cancelled. M and I are suppose to run tonight. But I just found out he has to work late....again....so I am not 100% sure that is going to happen. M says it will since he knows I really really want too. (And yes, I suppose I could go running alone. But I don't feel safe doing it - so I run with M or not at all)

2) Weight Workouts completed: 2 - Lifting has been the most consistent thing about my week. I may sneak in a short lifting session at lunch which will cement this goal for the week.

3) Additional cardio workouts: 3 - I actually exceeded my goal here. I had a 20 minute walk on Tuesday, a 20 minute bike ride on Wednesday, and 25 minutes of aerobics on Thursday.

4) Drink 8 glasses of water a day: Lol. I really need help with this one. I might have had 8 glasses of water all week. My diet soda habit is bad...really bad...think big gulp cup bad. Any ideas on how to kick the habit?


So that's where I stand so far - hopefully, I can manger to eeck things out over the next 3 days. Happy Friday everybody! Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Kevin said...

I have a really hard time remembering to keep up with eight glasses of water. Then I figured it's not how many glasses, but the total amount you drink. Eight 8-oz glasses is 64 ozs a day. I bought a 20 oz Aquafina bottle from the Coke machine once and just keep it at my desk. 3 Aquafina bottles and part of a fourth as proven much more manageable for me than trying to keep up with eight glasses.

Slenderella said...

Kimberly, hope you got your run in. And some water.

Have you tried the flavored water? I've tried some and absolutely hated them. Then I tried different brands, and found some that were absolutely delicious. Sometimes I squeeze some lemon or lime juice in my water to give it a lift. Keep trying.

I'm having to refocus yet again, hopefully we'll both succeed this weekend! Let's do it!