CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, June 06, 2008

The Results are In

And there are no tears in my knee. Yea! It appears that I have a severe case to tendonitis and inflammation of my knee. The doctor seems to think all of my 5-K training plus the kickboxing and dance aereboics was too much for my knee to handle. Yesterday afternoon, he gave me a steriod shot in my knee which has helped the pain and swelling. I was also instructed not to push myself quite so hard - I need to have at least 2 rest days between runs. And I should ice the knee down after a hard run.

The best news was that I have been cleared to run in the Blueberry 5K. You may remember we hinting about a "Goal" in this post. I guess the cat's out of the bag now.

For the last 3 months (barring a few breaks), M* and I have been training to run this 5k that takes place in cojunction with Alma's annual Blueberry Festival. Running a 5k has been a goal of mine for many years, but I had never done anything to try and achieve. That all change when M* volunteered to train with me. The training was going great and I could see the finish line in the distance when my knee when all haywire. Thinking that I was going to not complete my goal had me severly upset. But now I know that I can compete - granted I probably wont be able to run the whole thing since my knee is not back to 100% but I am going to get to attempt it - and that's what matters most.

Look for pics of the race next week.

0 comments: