CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

HYC Week #27

Last week was a so-so week. It started out strong, with me doing TurboJam 3 times in a row, and going with-out diet coke for an entire 5 days. That's a record for me. But then the 3 day weekend arrive, and it all fell apart. Too much food, too little exercise. Then on Saturday the blessed TOM arrived.....

Therefore, I am not weighing in this week. I know that I have probably gained. But I am sure that some of the gain is due to TOM. And if I stepped on a scale and saw a really depressing number, I might be likely to say "Screw it all". So instead, I am refocusing my efforts on making smart food choices, working out more, and saying no to the evil Diet Coke.

As always, let's review my goals. Last week I said I would:
1) Run at least 3 times with M
2) Complete at least 3 Turbo Jam workouts
3) Lift 2 times
4) Drink 8 glasses of water a day.

And you know what, I did all of my goals except #1. M and I only managed 1 run last week. It seems like forever since he and I were running on a consistent basis. Here's hoping we get back into our groove soon. This week's goals are:

1) Run at least 3 times with M
2) Complete at least 3 Turbo Jam workouts
3) Lift 2 times
4) Drink 8 glasses of water a day.

Do we see a pattern? I am going to keep working at these 4 goals till I can do them all week in and week out, then I will switch things up. No since in trying to climb a mountain if I can't get over a hill. (That's a quote from my 82 year old Grandmother).

I hope each of you had a great week last week, and an even better one this week!

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Sounds like you're headed in the right direction to me...

TOM can really throw things for a loop, too. I always hate that weigh in, but I go ahead and do it, because I know once I've wimped out once, I'll keep wimping... and sometimes it's not as bad as I fear... but sometimes it is.

It's all about one little thing at a time...

Anonymous said...

Sometime you need a little time away from the scales! WTG on the goals you met!