CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 07, 2008

4th of July Recap

Happy Belated 4th of July! I would have posted a message on the 4th but I was away from my computer all day (well, all weekend actually). Friday morning, I woke up and headed out to M's place to check on our pup Bailey. M was busy working on the family blueberry farm. I did a bit of cleaning up around the house, took Bailey for a walk, and then did 30 minutes of TurboJam.

M got in around noon - and we took the motorcycle to town to have lunch with my Daddy. After a yummy lunch of subs , to which M treated all of us, we headed over to my parents house. We going to be there for just minute, I needed to pick up my checkbook. We wound up staying for two hours, so that M and I could play with my nephews. I realized yet again how great M is with kids, and how much my heart melts when I see him playing with them. After taking the boys for a ride in the wagon, M and I headed back to his place.

A quick costume change (out of jeans which we were when on the motorcycle, and into shorts - dang it was hot), we loaded into M's truck and headed to Wal-Mart to stock up on groceries and other household supplies. While there, M's dad called to say he was cooking supper. So we wrapped up our shopping and headed to M's parents house. The whole family was there for a supper of quesadillas. After supper, we went to M's brothers house to sit on the front porch and watch the neighbors shoot off fireworks.


On Saturday, M's parents hosted a BBQ for all of us (M, me, my parents, my sister, my nephews, M's brother, his wife, there 2 girls, and his wife's family). We had set up the inflatable water slide and the pool was already cleaned and ready for swimming. Somehow M and I wound up watching the little ones (his niece, my nephew) while their parents got to enjoy the pool and slide. That was fine with us. We gorged ourselves on BBQ chicken, ribs, baked beans, potato salad. And for dessert, thin layer chocolate cake. Yum-O!

Sunday was church, Sunday dinner with the family, and a lot of lounging around. I hope each of you had as great a weekend as I did!

0 comments: