CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Preparing for the New Year

As I mentioned in a previous post, I will be starting a new job at the beginning of the year. I had already scheduled vacation time from my former job for this week. Therefore, I find myself with 5 whole days to spend anyway I choose......

Yesterday, I slept in till nearly noon. I then got up, took a leisurely shower, played the Wii for 3 hours and even did a few loads of laundry. Once M got home, we hosted the family for dinner. Afterwards, I had tons of energy so I washed more laundry - put it all away - cleaned up from dinner AND bathed the dog.

Today I am babysitting my oldest nephew. My younger is in the hospital for pneumonia. I picked him up at 8 and by 9 we had run several errands. Then we came back to my house. He is happily watching a Barney DVD (Help!!) and eating Rice Krispies. That left me without anything to do. So I decided to tackle some cleaning projects that I had neglected. I now have a freezer full of chopped veggies, a sparkling clean fridge, cabinets that are smudge-free, and a freshly mopped floor.

I love the feeling that comes with completing a project - especially when it is cleaning. The house smells wonderful and I feel better knowing I can start the new year with an organized home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kimberly, you and I are cut from the same cloth. I get the same joy from having a clean home. Best Wishes for a great new year!
from the mistress of Adventures in Homemakerland

sueh said...

Kimberly,
My sister Kathie Brinkman definitely is cut from the same cloth as you. I love going to visit at her home because it is always so welcoming. She loves tending to her home and making it so inviting.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding and your new job!! May God bless you and M!!
SueH in Green Bay, Wisconsin