CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 02, 2009

The Scale is Not My Friend

For the last month, my future MIL, SIL and I have been working out in preparation of my upcoming wedding. We all want to look as great as possible in our respective dresses. Moreover, we want to be healthier. I work out with them 4 nights a week – alternating the 30 Day Shred DVD and dance classes. Additionally, M and I have started back up with our 5K training – which is at least 3 nights a week, with the occasional lifting workout thrown in. One would think that with all this activity, I’d see the numbers on the scale go down…. Not!

Today, I weigh the exact same thing I did last month. Grrrrr! Now before you say it could be my diet, let me tell you the following things:

•My MIL is doing Weight Watchers, so I have been tracking my own points religiously, and have only gone over my daily allowance once.
•I am eating 4 to 5 servings of veggies a day, lean proteins, and whole grains.
•I have given up diet sodas.
•I’ve even given up chocolate.

But alas, the scale is not budging. I am getting my measurements done tonight. Here’s hoping they changed for the better….otherwise I am going to be really frustrated.

0 comments: