CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 16, 2009

Disappointment

Last night I checked my voicemail and had a message from the mother of my maid of honor. She stated that it was an emergency and asked that I call her as soon as possible. I immediately disconnected from voicemail and dialed her number. Mrs. Carolyn answered and then informed me that Morghan, her daughter and my maid of honor, was in the hospital fighting a severe double kidney infection. But moreover, Morghan is so sick that the doctors do not expect to release her before Wednesday and they have banned her from driving or taking any roadtrips. Morghan will be unable to attend my wedding - and she is devestated.

This is classic Morghan. She is one of those rare people with a heart so big, that she puts everyone before herself. Her mom said that Morghan had been fighting flu like symptoms for two weeks but had got seen the doctor because she was too busy taking care of her job, her students, her family, and trying to plan for my wedding. I reassured Mrs. Carolyn, as I will do with Morghan when I can speak with her, that I prefer having my best friend healthy for a liftime, than her to risk her health to be with me for just a day. I will admit that I am dissappointed but that is overriden by my concern for my friend. I am praying that this episode will help Morghan to learn to put herself first....and that it can serve as a reminder to me (and anyone else) that if we aren't healthy then we are of no use to anyone else.

If you would, please say a prayer for Morghan that her body mends quickly, and that her spirit is not to weighed down by her disappointment in missing the wedding.

1 comments:

Kathie Brinkman said...

Prayers on the way for Morghan. And for you. Don't let this ruin anything for you. I know you will miss having your friend there but it will still be a great day and at the end of it--you'll still be married to the love of your life--and that truly is THE most important part of the day. One more little bit of advice, if you haven't already given yourself a cutoff day and time for the wedding preps--do so. Meaning, whatever is not done by X day at X time is just going to be undone. Please don't stay up all night Friday night getting stuff done. Enjoy the whole weekend! I'll be excited to see whatever pics you choose to post.