CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Last Minute Wedding Details

Last night my matron of honor and I went to the home of one of my bridesmaids. Our goal was to put together all 60 of my centerpieces. We laid out all of our materials on the dining room table and ready to work. Only a few seconds in we discovered that the candles we purchased did fit into our vases - oh no! My bridesmaid Jessica nearly had a melt-down. I remained calmed and unfazed - which was quite surprising. Jessica's mother came in and we began tossing around alternatives. Soon Jessica, Lane, and I were racing to town to get the dollar store before it closed so that we could buy up their entire inventory of stock in ivory votive candles. The staff was nice enough to wait on us, even when we got their after closing. We picked up the votives and then an order of pizza. We got back to Jessica's and managed to get half of the centerpieces done - the other half will get finished on Friday once we get more votive candles.

I will be leaving town today for a work conference, and am giving up control of the wedding preparations. M has a small list of things that he needs to accomplish. And I have entrusted a few details to Lane, my matron of honor, and of course Jessica the bridesmaid/decorator. I will be returning on Thursday afternoon and Thursday night have my lingerie shower. Per Kathy's advice (see comment on post below) I have decided that if something is not done by Thursday night, then it just isn't going to happen - with centerpieces being the one exception - because I want to be able to enjoy my time with M, our family, and our friends.

I will try and post a few pictures before/during the honeymoon. But I am not sure what our internet access will be like in the mountains of Tennessee. So be sure to check back on March 30, for lots and lots of pics from our big day!

3 comments:

Maria said...

I think Kathy's advice is sound. I remember having a crying jag in the middle of the Giant supermarket (fortunately with my mom and two of my bridesmaids with me) two days before the wedding because I kept fielding last-minute calls from vendors and guests. Despite all that, it went of well, and we had a great day.

Enjoy your weekend and your time together in TN. In some ways our honeymoon was the best part of the whole wedding experience, because all the fussing and planning was over and we could just have fun.

Blessings!

Kathie Brinkman said...

Kimberly--sincere blessings to you, M and your families. Just enjoy the day. Trust me, no one will know what didn't get done--they will just see all the beautiful details that are there--especially the great love you and M have for each other! Have a grand honeymoon. We used to live in Knoxville, TN and traveled up to the Smokey Mountains many times. It is beautiful especially in the spring with the dogwoods blooming.

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

HAPPY WEDDING DAY!!!!!!! I can't wait to see pictures!!! When you get back from your honeymoon, there is an award for you on my blog.