CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 05, 2005

Simple Things

It is the simple things in life that bring me the greatest joy (and often peace). Here's a list of the simple things I was able to enjoy today

1. A late night phone call from my special someone, just because I needed to hear his voice.
2. The sound of a soft rain on my roof.
3. Escaping the weather by curling up with a warm blanket and good book.
4. Dinner with my family.
5. Teaching my 4 year old cousin new Christmas carols/songs while we viewed Christmas decorations around town.
6. Watching my best friend's face light up and knowing that I picked the perfect gift for her.
7. Having a best friend who knows me so well, that she is able to pick the perfect gift for me in return.

Often my life is a frenzied cycle of work, school, and various other responsbilities. Therefore, I am grateful for days like today - where I have no time clock to punch, no deadlines to meet, just complete freedom to enjoy myself and the company of cherished friends and family.

1 comments:

GTMayhem said...

you suck. nothing to do... while here I am, sick as can be and in the middle of exams. go away and don't remind me how miserable my life is right now.