CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Tonight, during my biweekly Instant messenger conversation with beloved boyfriend, we became engaged in a lively debate about the various theory/practices/principles of Quality Improvement as it related to the Healthcare industry. (Not to worry, I'll save the content of the debate for another post. ) During the lulls in the flow of words, beloved boyfriend employs the "hunt and peck" method of typing, I'd switch over to a new window to inform my best friend that we had been debating for more than ten minutes. She replied that if I had gone bored with the subject, then she was sure I could find a way to change it. It was at that precise moment that I realized a few things.

First, of all, the debate was not boring in the slightest degree. Quite the opposite was true - it was engaging and lively, an exchange of facts, theories, opinions and counter-viewpoints - the ideal debate. Secondly, I realized how truly articulate (and intelligent) my beloved boyfriend is. Now, I'm not saying that I had known this before tonight, just that tonight reaffirmed and heightened my awareness of the fact. Thirdly, I realized that after long last I've found someone who can match me tit-for-tat and keeps me on my toes. Most surprising of all, is the realization that for once I was unafraid to admit I didn't know something, or to concede a point in a debate. It appears that I've truly "met my match" and I'm finding that it is quite an exciting thing.

0 comments: