CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Return to Reality

Given the events of the last few weeks, what had begun as a birthday trip to Ft. Lauderdale turned into an vacation from my "real life" and the "real world". For 6 days, I enjoyed the sights and sounds of Ft. Lauderdale - or at least the bits and pieces I got to see of it. Moreover, I shared those 6 days with Jamie.

It was a chance for us to reconnect with each other - without family, friends, grief, pain, etc. - a few brief moments to recapture a sense of normalcy. Since Jamie had a lot of catching up to due (he missed a week of classes and 3 tests), I had low expectations for my birthday celebration. However, my sweetie didn't disappoint. I was awakened to a dozen red roses in a beautiful glass vase, with the most touching card. Then I was taken out to not one, but two fantastic dinners - where I was instructed to order "whatever you want" - including appetizer, cocktails, and dessert. Moreover, Jamie found time his hectic schedule to just veg with me - nothing like a bowl of popcorn and a good James Bond movie.

However, all good things must come to an end. And this morning a 6:00 a.m. flight brought me back to GA, and back to the demands of my life. No worries though, another trip is scheduled for 2nd week of September. :-)

0 comments: