CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Christmas 2006

Christmas 2006 was one of the best I can ever remember. On Christmas Eve, Jamie and I went to Alma to share the holiday with my family. As I get older, I find myself wanting to take a more active role in the preparation of the holiday meal. However, my Mama loves to cook for her family, so she is slow to hand over the reins. This year, she did entrust me with the treasured recipe of the "Sweet Potato Souffle". I managed to prepare the dish...and in the words of my brother-in-law 'It's actually really good'. Once dinner was in hand, we unwrapped the piles of presents under my parents tree. It was wonderful to watch each person's face as they unwrapped their gift and knowing that it was exactly what they wanted. I finally got the portable CD player that I've been asking for since I was in 6th grade. The first few years, my parents simply forgot to buy it....and after awhile it became the family joke. Once the presents were unwrapped, we sat down to a lovely meal. After stuffing ourselves with all the food Mama made, the entire family went outside for a few rounds of photos. It was great to capture everyone in the holiday spirit. I'll post pics later.

On Christmas morning, Jamie and I prepared breakfast for his Mama and Dennis. After breakfast, Jamie gave me the last of my presents. He had been giving me gifts since the Friday before Christmas. I was completely surprised by his choices...and extremely happy with them. (You have to love a man who buys you the G.T. watch and matching pocketbook....among other things). But the highlight of the day, was his expression when I surprised him with his new suede jacket. Jamie is very particular when it comes to his clothing choices. And as a result, I usually make him point out several options, and then I choose from among them. This year, he had shown me both a leather jacket and a suede jacket. Since he snooped and saw one of the bags, he was certain that he was getting the leather jacket (which he did), but he had no clue about the suede jacket. I finally manged to pull one over on him. Christmas afternoon saw the house fill with Jamie's family and more good and presents.

Time with family, good food, cherished memories......a truly joyous holiday. I hope that you and yours had a wonderful one as well.

0 comments: