CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 05, 2007

Finding that Zen Moment

Over in another corner of the cosmos , K. B. talks about how his daily shower acts as way to release the stress and tension of the work day. His post got me to thinking about how I cope with all the stress in my life. Admittedly, my job is probably the least stressful of any of my circle of friends. After all I do have the luxury of working from home (sometimes in my p.j.'s). But the demands of family, friends, my Master's program and the difficulties of a long-distance vacation often have me wanting to tear at my hair in frustration.

Luckily, I have developed better ways to cope. The primary being taking myself to the gym. It never ceases to amaze me at how much better a hard workout at the gym makes me. And often my frustration helps to up the ante in my workouts. When I can't make it to the gym, I de-stress by curling up with a good book. Reading allows me escape, if only, for a moment. And often the worlds in my book help me to find an appreciation for my own.

So readers, how do you find peace among the chaos that is your life?

0 comments: