CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 05, 2007

Lions, Tigers, and Monkeys (Oh My!)

Jamie has been pestering me for months about taking a multi-vitamin. I am not the world's healthiest eater. For me the basic foods groups are normally "sweet, salty, and caffeinated". Therefore, the doctor to be suggested I take the vitamin to help fill in the nutritional gaps. Only problem is that regular multi-vitamins make me SICK. I have tried taken them in every way imaginable - first thing in the morning, after lunch, at night, with food, without food, half a pill in the a.m, the other half at night - nothing works. So while picking up copies of the holiday pictures at our local Wal-mart, Jamie picked up a mega-sized bottle of children's multi-vitamins....complete with 3 flavors and 4 animals shapes.

And for the last 2 weeks, I have dutifully swallowed my lions, elephants, monkeys and teddy bears. The multi-vitamin is the first step in my New Year's resolution to take better care of myself. This lofty goal includes were finite goals such as : a) working out at least 4 times a week, b) drinking 8 glasses of water a day, c) limiting my diet coke intake, and d)trying to eat healthier. So far, so good.

I realize that it is only 5 days into the new year. But this is the longest that I've ever stuck with a resolution, which gives me hope that 2007 will be the year that I kick my unhealthy habits and embrace new ones.

Speaking of which, there's a grape flavored teddy bear waiting on me.

0 comments: