CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Me Time

While lunching yesterday afternoon, I caught an episode of Rachael Ray's talk show. In one segment, she introduced a young woman who had appeared on a previous show complaining about her "lack of a dating life". The woman believed that her appearance on the show meant Rachel's was setting her up on a date. Oh no, Rachael instead made the woman agree to go on a "Dating Diet". For 90 days, she was to focus on living and finding enjoyment as a single individual. Initially, the woman resented Rachael and her challenge. But by the end of the 90 days, the woman had become a confident, vibrant person who was happy alone.....

While, I am not ready to shed my darling boyfriend, to explore my "single self". I am going to try and take a step back, focus more on me and the things I like/want/need rather than putting all of my extra energy into the relationship. I have a feeling the potential payoffs could be pretty high.

0 comments: