CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Christmas Traditions

So it may still be November, but for me it is officially the Christmas season. For those of you who are keeping count, Christmas season (for me) begins at 4 a.m. on the Friday following Thanksgiving. That's when Jamie's and I set out to shop for those perfect gifts for our loved ones.....and it always gives us a chance to catch up with on of us. It has been a tradition for us for the past 4 years....and is the first of many traditions that I will embrace over the next few weeks.

Tonight, I am enjoying another of my traditions. I am watching "Dr. Seuss's How the Grinch Stole Christmas". I'll follow that up with A Charlie Brown Christmas (which I missed last night due to Taekwondo, thank goodness for DVR). These holiday television specials are an integral part of my holiday. As a child, these were the only times that my Daddy entrusted the remote to my sister and I. And it was one of the few times that he watched cartoons in their entirety. We kept that tradition going....even after my sister and I reached our teenage years. Now, my parents are empty nesters, their two daughters have their own homes......

But tonight, despite time and distance, we are together again as we are all in front of televisions to watch this classic.

0 comments: