CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, December 30, 2007

I'm either insane...

or I've had way too much caffeine today. As I am typing, my clock is telling my that it is 1:03 a.m. And can you guess, dear reader, what I've just finished doing......

If I was cool, this would be the part where I describe my wild adventures with my fabulous group of friends. And while, I am do have a fab group of friends, and we do have wild adventures. Said adventures never end this early in the evening.

No, instead I have been checking e-mails.....for work......all 39 of them. It gets worse. I responded to all but 3 of them. And yes, I am still on vacation until the New Year.

Why? See title of post......

You make the final call

2 comments:

Kevin said...

Someone whose advice I trust once taught me a wise saying: "Work expands to fill the time you devote to it." I've found that if I answer emails at 0100, people will start expecting me to reply at that time too.

In my government job, I never finish my day's work. There's always something left to do tomorrow. I consider it my job security. :-)

Enjoy your vacation!

Kim @ Kim and Mikey said...

That's a good point. This is why in each reply I stressed that I was only doing it as a courtesy for the providers.....not as a regular thing. Hopefully this will discourage them from expecting this all the time.