CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 14, 2008

Where did the time go?

Three years ago, I was working in my first job post-college. Three years, ago he was preparing to begin medical school. Three years ago, we had both just gotten out of bad relationships and both swore we didn't want anything serious. But three years ago, we couldn't stop spending time with one another.

Three years ago, my college roommate came to town and we joined her at that hockey game. Three years ago, he bought a G.T. hat and I felt myself falling just a little bit more. Three years ago, I final worked up the nerve to ask what we were. Three years ago, he had finally decided to take a leap of faith and trust his heart.

Three years ago, my best friend became my boyfriend -- and it has been a wonderful three years.

2 comments:

Maria said...

Crazy, right? Kev and I have been "dating" for 7 years at the end of this month. How did that happen??

Kim @ Kim and Mikey said...

It happened one day at time. I just think the days go by faster than they did when I was younger.