CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Monday Mishaps

M's extended family is coming into town this weekend (more on that later), so I wanted to help him get his house clean. Now M's house is clean by "men standards" but not by mine. I guess I should mention that I am a bit obsessive compulsive when it comes to cleaning and organizing. Anyways, I got to M's place about 4:15 or so on Monday afternoon.

Immediately, I dusted and vacuumed the entire house. I even cleaned off the ceiling fan in the living room. I swear that I have never seen that much dust on a fan (and I cleaned it just two weeks ago). After the dusting and vacuuming, I started a load of laundry. Around this time M got home and suggested that we clean out from behind the stove. Wha? This is a project that I've been wanting to complete for sometime. But M never has the extra time to help me - so I was thrilled that he wanted to complete the task.

The area behind the stove was not as bad as I imagined that it would be. M sucked up all the dead buggies and dust, while I scrubbed on the grease spots. Once that was done, I headed out to the utility room to get the broom. And then splat. I stepped into a big puddle of water. I called M out there. The entire floor was covered in water. It seems that the washing machine overflowed. Grr....

All other cleaning was put on hold as we had to stop the overflowing (turned off the water and power), go get the Wet-Vac, suck up all the water, mop up any left over water with a towel, fix the washing machine, and the hook everything back up.

Needless to say, it was quite the afternoon adventure. A lot of extra work, but the utility room floor was never been cleaner.

0 comments: