CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

HYC Update Week #26

Another week has passed and we are entering a new month. The summer heat is in full force down in south georgia, which means outdoor exercising has to be done well after 7 p.m. - otherwise I would die from heat exhaustion.

Last week was a rollercoaster of a week. It started off great, lots of exercise and smart food choices. Then mid-week I got sick, which translated into no exercise and little food at all. By the weekend I was feeling better, and convinced myself that since I had been sick that it would be okay to splurge a little bit. I have to learn to eat in moderation all the time, and save the splurges for the really big occasions. And lunch on Saturday afternoon is not one of them. M's family was in town so that was also a contributing factor to the amount of food I took in. Oh well, live and learn.

Suprisingly the scaled stayed the same. And I'm okay with that. I would have been okay with a gain, since I did it a lot of junk Saturday, Sunday and Monday. But apparently the smarter choicse in the early part of the week saved me.

So, how did I do on my goals? The goals for last week were:

1) Run at least 3 times with M ---> Nothing doing again this week. I miss running, and need to get back into it.
2) Complete at least 3 Turbo Jam workouts ---> I managed to do do this one!
3) Lift 2 times ---> I lifted once
4) Drink 8 glasses of water a day. ---> I managed to do this twice last week - ah progress!

My goals for the next week are:

1) Run at least 3 times with M
2) Complete at least 3 Turbo Jam workouts
3) Lift 2 times
4) Drink 8 glasses of water a day.

I hope each of you had a great week last week, and if you didn't you are ready to do better this week. I'm off to catch up on all your blogs. Have a great day!

2 comments:

The Fat Foreigner said...

It's difficult to stay on track when you're trying to cater for more people, you have less control. Good luck next week.

Holly said...

Glad you're feeling better. Getting sick always gets me off track too.