CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Working By the Sea

Greetings from lovely St. Simons Island, Ga! I will be hanging out on this quaint island for the next 3 days as part of a work related conference. Being here is kind of ironic - last year while attending the same conference I passed out during a presentation. That event was the catalyst that lead to my eventual diagnosis of Mitral Valve Prolapse.

As I sit gazing out onto the marshlands, I am reminded of how scary that and the ensuing days were. I was 24 about to turn 25 and the picture of perfect health (or so I thought). And in a single moment, I learned that I was not as healthy as I thought I was. One year later, I can honestly say that I am healthier. I do cardio 4 to 6 times per week, I lift 2 times per week, I have cut out caffeine from my diet, I drink 8 glasses of water a day, and my diet is slowly becoming healthier (good-bye processed foods, hello fruits/veggies/whole grains).

The journey to the newer, healthier me has been a long one - and I am not sure that it will ever end. But it is nice to know that I am making quite a bit of progress. And on that note, I am off to take a run along oak lined running path. :-)

0 comments: