CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Never Say Never

At the ripe old age of 18, I headed off to college and made a few vows:

I'll never come back to Alma.
-It took nearly 8 years, but I still managed to break this vow. I am back in Alma, and surprisingly I could not imagine being anywhere else.

I'll never live anywhere other than a large city.

-I lived out in the country while in graduate school. And now I am back in my rural hometown. Another vow broken.

I'll never date someone who abuses me - emotionally or physically.

-I'd like to say that I kept this vow. But I was once young and stupid - and made bad decisions in terms of the guys I dated. I left the physically abuse situation pretty quickly, but it took a lot longer to rid myself of the emotionally abusive one.

I'll never work at a job that I hate.

-My first job out of college was a disaster. It was low-pay for work that did nothing to challenge me. I spent nearly 1.5 years there, before it finally became to much. At the time, I thought that a paycheck was better than none at all. But now, 2.5 years into this job, I can see that money is not nearly as important as being happy with what you do.

What are some vows that you made, and that you broke?

0 comments: