CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Finding Ways to Be Active

Last night, M and I hosted a Wii party. I was excited about having friends over to play games. But I was nervous that along with the friends would come lots of food -- and in a few days, tighter pants. Not to worry. M made yummy southwestern chicken wraps (grilled chicken breasts, fat-free tortillas, sauteed corn and black beans). After supper we played the Wii for several hours - and while it might not be the same as running, it is moving and it got my heart rate up.

The tonight, we had dinner at M's brother's house. After supper, we all got in the yard and ran sprints --- for 20 minutes. It was fun, we were running, laughing, and burning calories without thinking about it.

I think that is the key to long term weight loss success -- finding ways to work physical activity into every day life. So, do you have any ways you "sneak" in activity?

0 comments: