CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, November 06, 2008

Music

M and I are both avid fans of a variety of music, were band geeks, and have extensive music collection. So we knew that music would play an integral role in our ceremony (and again at the reception). We've picked the songs for our soloists (his sister-in-law a.k.a. my matron of honor/best friend and my sister) and I think we've picked our recessional. But we are stuck in terms of a processional. We are debating between traditional or non-traditional.

Thoughts, tips, suggestions???? Help!!

4 comments:

Kathie Brinkman said...

You might want to try a listen to "Wedding at Troldehagen" by Edvard Greig. It is a beautiful, unique, dramatic, and classical piece. Very easy to walk to. It's what Matt and I used for our processional 21 years ago.

Kathie Brinkman said...

Here is a you tube piano version of the piece. We had it played on the piano. There is a very big build up of the theme and a dramatic crescendo at 1:45 min. on the video--this would be a good place for the bride to enter. Watch it and then listen with your eyes closed to visualize your bridesmaids walking in to this. let me know what you think.

Kathie Brinkman said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUkX3gHn9P8&feature=related
dummy me, didn't put the link on the previous post. the piece is called "Wedding Day at Troldhaugen"

Maria said...

I went pretty traditional for our processional. One suggestion I might have is to check with the person who is in charge of the music at the church/site you're being married at. We met with her pretty early on, and she helped suggest some selections for various parts of the ceremony. Unless they're ban new, they've likely done weddings before and can offer some tips.

Good luck!