CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day

Today the 44th President of the United States will take office. Barack Obama, with family and friends standing watch, will make the solemn oath that 43 men have made before him.

I did not vote for President-Elect Obama. He and I do not agree on political policies. Yet, I can respect him for the position of authority that he will assume. I can recognize the historical impact that today has for our nation, and quite possibly the world.

And so, while I do not agree the policies, I will pray for the man. I will ask God to give him wisdom as he guides our county. I will pray for safety for him and his family – as there may be those who wish to harm the Obama family. And above all I will pray that God continues to Bless America.

0 comments: