CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Wedding Anxiety and Honeymoon Planning

My wedding day is fast approaching. It is only 58 days away. I find myself beginning to get anxious. While the major details are set, and the minor ones are falling into place – I worry that I am going to forget something.

For the past two weeks, I have had this reoccurring nightmare, where I start to walk down the aisle – only to find that I don’t have on my dream dress, instead I’m in jeans. I look at my bridesmaids but they are not there. And things just spiral downward from there. I think the nightmare stems from the fact that only 3 of my bridesmaids currently have there dresses and my dress is yet to arrive.

On the upside of things, I did get my weddings invitations in the mail, the d.j. is booked, our engagement photos came back and are beautiful (I’ll post a pic later) and the wedding website is up. M and I are now trying to plan our honeymoon. We will be delaying the trip by two weeks, so that I will be out of my 90 day probationary period at work and can take paid days off. We are planning on visiting the Gatlinberg/Pigeon Forge area. Do any of you have recommendations on places to stay, eat, or things we just absolutely must do? If so, please leave a comment….

5 comments:

Maria said...

I was in Gatlinburg, geez, almost 10 years ago now, on a school trip and loved it!

I don't have any particular recommendations (like I said, it was a school trip, so I didn't have free reign of my time), but just wanted to say that I remember the area to be so beautiful. I'm sure you'll have a great time!

Sarah said...

One of my co-workers stays at a place that has a few cabins and she has always said great things about it. She said it was very romantic :) I'll get the info from her and send it your way.

Tracy said...

I just stumbled across your blog from Biggest Loser and saw this. I go to Gatlinburg every year so if you let me know what kind of things you like I'd be happy to give recommendations. One definite thing is go to the Apple Barn. It has stores and a restaurant with yummy, yummy homecooking food that's probably not very healthy. And they have a wine tasting store where they sell their own wine. Probably the best I have ever had. I can even recommend a few trails if you are going to be doing any hiking. Let me know if I can help.

Anonymous said...

I promise you, even though you are stressed now, things will work out perfectly. I had those terrible wedding nightmares too! They are no fun.

Kari@Onederland said...

I know that we all want things to be perfect on the big day but don't let those things cloud your ability to see exactly what will be perfect..the two of you together sharing your vows surrounded by all those that support you! The details will only ruin your big day if you allow them to...you just gotta take it as it comes. I know easier said than done sometimes.