CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Just Updating

My last post was nearly four day ago. I had every intention of blogging last week….but every time I would sit down to type – I would get distracted with something I needed to finish, and the post would fall by the wayside. Last week was a busy one, as I began a new job and a new workout routine at the same time. It was quite the challenge settling into the new routine.

Now instead of getting up at 8 or 8:30 (ah, the joys of working from home), my feet hit the floor at 6 a.m. I was quite sleep-deprived for the first few days. But by Wednesday, I found that waking up earlier afford me the opportunity to prepare for my day better. I get up, fix a yummy breakfast, take a shower, do my hair and makeup, tidy up the house a bit (laundry, wipe down the table, etc), then get dress and head to the office. And in the evenings, I am not rushed to catch up on household chores – which means more time for working out, wedding planning and spending with M.

Work is going great. I love my new job and all the opportunities it affords me. I am already learning new things and stretching my skill sets. J I still have a lot to learn and need to really get my bearings, but I see bright things in my future.

In terms of working out, I have added 2 new workout DVD’s to my routine. I blogged about 30 Day Shred in my last post. The other dvd is “Dirty Dancing”. It is a dance workout that teaches routines based on the moves and music in the classic movie. My future SIL, MIL and I did the intro and 2 of the routines on Sunday afternoon. We were drenched in sweat but laughing and having a great time. I love the new routine, but I still need to add in strength. I admit that 30 day Shred does use weights and what not, but I do not feel it is quite enough to get me where I want to be. Therefore, M and I are going to start lifting together at least twice a week. J

The wedding is in a mere 67 days and the invitations have yet to go out. But that’s another story for another time. If I don’t post again till the weekend, just know I am either a) working out, b) sleeping, or c) stuffing invitations into envelopes over and over and over…..

Have a great week everyone!

0 comments: