CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 06, 2009

Octuplet Mommy

It isn’t very often that I wade into the pool of current affairs and offer my opinion. Perhaps I am like an ostrich who buries their head in the sand, but more likely it is the fact I am too busy living my own life to worry about the lives of others. (Note: I do worry about our national leaders and our soldiers, but tend to keep my opinions to myself). But after reading this story . I had to offer my thoughts.

1. Why is a woman who is on disability for a severe lower back injury having 6 children? Documents state that her injury limited her ability to care for her first child. Why would you then have 5 more? It would appear to me that the responsible thing to do would be to not have more children UNTIL a point that you are healthy and able to fully care for them.

2. Why, why, why is a person with 6 children undergoing a procedure that has the risk of multiples?


This whole situation just feels wrong and leaves a bad taste in my mouth. What do you think readers?

3 comments:

Psalmist said...

Truthfully, I think she is doing this for the attention. I didn't catch this on the news, but my DH said that he had heard an interview snippet where she had said that she wanted to land a tv spot. I guess she wants a show like 'Jon & Kate + 8", or something. I don't know why she would think that folks would want to watch her living off of her bankrupt parents and welfare because she has 14 children that she can't afford to feed.

Don't get me wrong- I love large families. If my husband and I could, we would have a house bursting with happy children. I'm just frustrated that it looks as though this woman is having all of these children for the expressed purpose of exploiting them for money. I think that intent is a big deal here, and I hope that her kids don't grow up to resent her for these kinds of decisions.

Kari@Onederland said...

I think that there needs to be a line drawn where people need to be told NO. And for heavens sake who in their right mind would continue to bring children into this world that they are not capable of providing for. I'm not saying all are like this but in this case...I just think it was wrong!

Kathie Brinkman said...

I agree with all these observations. This whole story is sad and I hope it quickly goes away. This woman needs a mental health assessment. I too hope that the children find a way to grow and thrive, but it doesn't look great at the moment.