CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 27, 2009

Until eating disorders are history.....

This week is National Eating Disorders Awareness Week and I wanted to tell you all about it. For those who may not know it, I was once a person who battled an eating disorder. Nearly 4 years of my life were claimed/consumed/wrecked/destroyed thanks to the horrors of bullimia. I've been "free" of my eating disorder for nearly 3 years. It took lots of hard work on my part and the support of my amazing family and friends. I am one of the lucky ones though, many never get help and pay the ultiamte consequence -death.

So this week, let's remember that even though we not be 100% happy with the way our bodies our - they are still our bodies and we should love them. We should not abuse them and we should NEVER resort to an eating disorder. If you have a daughter, niece, sister, friend in your life, she is probably watching you and how your own body image - and that could influence her later in life. Be a positive influence! And if you think someone who know has an eating disorder, reach out to them!

For more information, visit this site.

0 comments: